I am a Senior Usability Designer/Researcher with 17 years experience. I am skilled in Usability Research, Business Process Analysis, Prototyping etc. I have a strong Web Design and Information Technology background with a Masters of Science in Information Architecture and Interaction Design from University of Baltimore. I also have a Bachelor's Degree in Zoology and Botany from the University of the West Indies. I recently a completed a Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security at Harvard University.
- Senior User Experience Designer/Researcher - Northrop Grumman
- Webmaster Supervisor - State of Maryland Department of Human Resources
- Webmaster - Baltimore City Community College
Past Project Highlights
Led the design of the new web based search applications that will be used by front line customer service staff to retrieve the account details and administration interactions for the Social Security Administration’s 450 million customers.
Led the design of the Multi Factor Authentication System used by the Social Security Administration
Led the design of the Nationwide Customer Chat used by the 32 million My Social Security Administration online account users.
Led the Design and Development of Web Based, database driven real time data visualization methods for the Social Security Administration for the improvement of internal dashboards.
Redesigned Maryland Department of Human Resources Web Presence. The new site embraces the latest in website development technologies, including integrated social media feeds, mobile device optimization, event management, document management, distributed content management etc.
Successfully developed, deployed and maintained a statewide training application and the Maryland Department of Human Resources. It educated and tests 1600 employees biweekly. This training program resulted in a significant reduction in the error rate in processed applications and brought Maryland into compliance with federal guidelines.
87%Business Process Analysis
81%Web Design and Content Management
User Research Efforts Led
Over the years I have lead over 76 User Research efforts across Federal, Local Government and Higher Education Sectors.
Million Users Served
The applications that I have worked on have served over 100 Million Users.
Million Dollar Budget
I have been in a leadership role of projects that have a total accumulated budget of over 500 million dollars.
- 15 Years UX/UI Experience using the latest tools and User Driven methodologies
- 10 Years of Proven Supervisory, Project Management and Execution Experience
- Usability Protocols: Card Sorting, Wire Frame development, Eye Tracker testing, Image Collaging, Heuristic Testing, Section 508 Compliance testing , Use case testing, Requirement Gathering, Workflow Analysis, etc.
- Design Prototyping and Documentation: Axure RP Pro, Adobe XD, MS Visio, Balsamiq etc.
- Productivity Tools: Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Open Office, iWork, etc.
- Application Development Tools: Adobe Creative Cloud Applications, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Document Production: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Databases: SQL, MySQL, Access
- Responsive Web Development for Mobile devices
- Social Media Strategy Development and Integration: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Content Management System experience: HP Teamsite, MS SharePoint, Sphere, Drupal, Metadot, Joomla, WordPress, Schoolwires, Site Executive, etc.
- Online Learning Management System Deployment and Management using Moodle
- 10 Years of Expert Level Photography experience and Post Production Work Flow Management
Try not to become a person of success but rather try to become a person of value. Albert Einstein
Lester is smart and fun to work with. He often comes up with good ideas to make work more efficient. I have enjoyed having those conversations with him on various projects. He is also great at writing, presenting design deliverables to our clients and talking to users during user interviews and usability testing. Working with him is intriguing and it’s rare to find coworkers like him.
Some people just have it, and others don't. I have worked with hundreds of designers over the past two decades, many which hold advanced design degrees from prestigious universities and claim to be a 'senior designer'. And then you see their work--which makes you wonder just which planet they actually did design work on. Lester has it in spades. His intrinsic design sense is phenomenal--whether we are talking about web-based design, video production, or photography.
Lester is one of the most well-rounded and out-of-the-box thinkers I’ve worked with and it’s why I am enthusiastically recommending him. Throughout our time together at Northrop Grumman, Lester let his creativity speak for itself through his clear motivation to research and solve even the most complex challenges
Having the opportunity to work with Lester has been especially helpful to my own professional development and the development of the capabilities of our user experience design team. Lester's tenacity and willingness to approach problems head on, and to tackle them with devotion has enabled the team to turn around failing products and develop stronger business processes.
Lester is a highly resourceful and forward-thinking designer. I have had the pleasure of working with Lester over the years and have watched him tackle complex design problems by structuring them in manageable ways and pushing the boundaries to make resulting work better.